Game Notes from the Rangers:
- The Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at Tampa Bay Times Forum (7:00 p.m. — TV: MSG Plus; Radio: Bloomberg Radio), to begin a two-game road trip. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 3-4-0 (6 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-0, on Thursday at Madison Square Garden to close out their three-game homestand with a 2-1-0 mark, and are now 3-2-0 in their last five contests. The Lightning currently own a 5-1-0 (10 pts) record to rank second in the Eastern Conference, and have won four straight games heading into their contest tonight against Winnipeg. Following tomorrow’s contest, the Rangers will conclude their two-game road trip when they face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday, Feb. 5, at Prudential Center (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup.
- All-Time: 39-29-5-7 overall (22-13-2-4 at home; 17-16-3-3 on the road)
- 2013: Tonight is the first of three meetings this season, and the first of two meetings at Madison Square Garden.
- New York lists three former Lightning on their roster: Steve Eminger (2008-09); Matt Gilroy (2011-12); Brad Richards (2000-01 – 2007-08)
- Tampa Bay lists one former Ranger on their roster: Adam Hall (2006-07)
- Rangers’ Head Coach John Tortorella served as Lightning Head Coach from 2000-01 to 2007-08, posting a record of 239-222-36-38 in 535 games while guiding Tampa Bay to four consecutive Stanley Cup Playoff appearances, two Southeast Division Championships (2002-03, 2003-04) and the franchise’s only Stanley Cup Championship in 2003-04; Rangers’ Assistant Coach Mike Sullivan served as an assistant coach with the Lightning in 2007-08 and 2008-09
NYR/TB Final 3 games between teams last season decided past regulation NYR were 2-0-2 vs TB last season—
Kevin Gibson (@TSNResearch) February 02, 2013