Alain Vigneault met with the media on Breakup Day today and said (NYR):
- Why isn’t this a step back, “I’m not sure that the right way to define our season right now. We are still in the midst of emotion and sorting out exactly what happened and why it happened. Our long-term goal was still to get back to the Stanley Cup Final and get to compete for it. We were one period away from achieving that goal and unfortunately we didn’t get it done. We had, in that seventh game, we had I don’t want to say sub par performances but we didn’t have the types of performances from our group that permit you to win that game. We did, along the way, achieve other goals. We did bring in some pretty good youth, took some steps forward in some directions and it’s too fresh at this time here. We will analyze this in a better way here in the next couple of weeks and make the decisions that have to be made to improve this group.”
The Rangers traded 2014 7th round pick Daniel Walcott to Tampa Bay for a 2015 seventh round pick.
The pick the Rangers acquired was sent to Tampa Bay as part of the Marty St. Louis trade.
Henrik Lundqvist met with the media on brekaup day and said (NYR):
- On the season, “it’s tough right now to have everything on the table. The next few weeks I will analyze and judge it a bit more. It was a really good year, the way we handled our own expectations going into the season and other people’s expectations. We wanted to be in the Final and get a chance at winning, we came up a little short, regular season we did a good job and playoffs we played three really good rounds. Of course there are a couple of things we can learn from and do better but it was a great year I think and a great team to be part of.”
6/1/15 | 3:52PM: Zuccarello added that he couldn’t walk for 2-3 weeks and when he would get off his couch he would nearly faint. (TV2)
- He said that it went from being really bad to being better quickly and that as of now the one thing that bothers him the most is talking. (TV2)
- He said that he is not 100% yet but as the blood went off of his brain he felt better and could speak more.
- He said that he couldn’t talk when he returned to the locker room after being hit and realized when he got to the hospital that it was much more serious. (TV2)
- He said that he expects to play in his charity All-Star game on June 19th. (TV2)
- He will be able to train again with weights in a few weeks. (TV2)
- To read more of this story, click here
6/1/15 | 4:58PM: McDonagh said that he was hurt in the final minutes of the second period of Game 4 on a shot that he didn’t even see. (NYR)
2:27PM: McDonagh will stay in the boot and on crutches for 4 weeks before being reevaluated. (NYR)
2:17PM: McDonagh came into the Rangers locker room on crutches and with a walking boot on his right foot. (Gross)
6/1/15 | 5:31PM: Yandle said on Monday, “When I got hurt against Pitt it took some time to heal. I think when we had a few days rest to get better that helped and the longer we went it got better and better. I was close to 100% in the last series. (MSG)
1:33PM: Keith Yandle suffered a sprained AC joint in his shoulder during the Penguins series off a hit from Blake Comeau. (Cyragalis)
Yandle said that he felt he was at nearly 100% in the Rangers series against Tampa. (Cyragalis)
Yandle didn’t miss a game in the playoffs but did not practice or take part in morning skates for a little while.
For more on Yandle, click HERE.