Game Notes from the Rangers:
- The Rangers will face-off against the Florida Panthers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. — TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), to begin a back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 21-17-4 (46 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Philadelphia Flyers, 4-2, on Tuesday at Wells Fargo Center, and are now 5-2-1 in their last eight games. The Panthers enter the contest with a 13-23-6 (32 pts) record to rank 15th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost four of their last five games.
- Following tonight’s contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, Apr. 19, at First Niagara Center (7:00 p.m.), to complete their back-to-back set.
- 2013: Tomorrow is the second of three meetings this season, and the second of two meetings at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are 0-1-0 (0-1-0 at home; 0-0-0 on the road), following a 3-1 loss on Mar. 21 at MSG. Henrik Lundqvist is 0-1-0 with a 2.03 GAA and .913 Sv%.
- The Rangers are 8-3-1 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Panthers are 5-7-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season
- Chris Kreider is in the lineup for the injured Brian Boyle.
Leave your thoughts on the game in the comments section.