The Carolina Hurricanes defeated the Rangers 4-2 in Carolina tonight. The Canes now are in 4th place in the East with 93 points, while the Rangers drop to 8th with the Canadiens win over the Islanders.
For a recap and stats visit SNY.tv
- Earth to the power-play, earth to the power-play. They went 1-7 with the man advantage tonight, including four first period opportunities.
- Corey Potter (1) scored his first career NHL goal in the first period to tie the score 1-1 and Dan Girardi (4) scored on the power-play to tie the score 2-2 in the second.
- Chad Larose (7,8) scored twice, including the winner at 12:25 of the 3rd. Eric Staal (35) and Rod Brind’ Amour (15) also scored for Carolina.
- Henrik Lundqvist, who was bumped and looked like he may have been hurt in the first period, made 19 saves on 23 shots.
- Cam Ward made 36 saves on 38 shots.
The Rangers next game is Saturday afternoon in Boston.
Monzo: This is a tough one to swallow, but they were outplayed in the 3rd and had zero chance when the Canes scored two goals in 28 seconds. They need to forget this one, and get two points in Boston on Saturday. More throughout the night…