Since being sent down to Hartford, Miller has 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games.
The Wolf Pack beat St. John 7-2 last night:
- Chris McCarthy: plus 2, 3 shots
- Conor Allen: 1 assist, plus one, 2 shots, hooking penalty
- Dylan McIlrath: plus one
- Ryan Bourque: plus one, 1 shot
- JT Miller: 2 goals, minus one, 7 shots, high sticking penalty
- Marek Hrivik: 1 goal, plus 2, 4 shots
- Oscar Lindberg: 1 goal, 2 shots, high sticking and slashing penalty
- Danny Kristo: 1 goal, 1 assist, plus 2, 2 shots
The Wolf Pack beat the Bruins 2-1 last night in a shootout:
- Chris McCarthy: 1 shot
- Conor Allen: nothing on scoresheet
- Dylan McIlrath: 2 shots, fight, tripping and roughing penalty
- Ryan Bourque: minus one, 1 shot, interference and slashing penalty. SO goal
- JT Miller: 1 goal, plus one, 3 shots, hooking penalty
- Marek Hrivik: minus one, 1 shot
- Oscar Lindberg: 5 shots
- Jesper Fast: minus one, 2 shots
- Danny Kristo: plus one, 2 shots
After playing the first game of the season, JT Miller was sent down to Hartford on 10/5, called back up on 10/15, sent to Hartford on 11/26, called back up on 12/6, sent down on 12/9, called back up on 12/19, sent down on 1/11, called up on 2/25, sent down on 3/5, called up on 3/26, sent down on 4/2.
Miller has played in 30 games this season, has 3 goals, 3 assists, a minus 6, 18 PIM, 46 shots on goal, 44 hits and 17 blocked shots with an average of 11:27 per game.
In the AHL this season, Miller has 12 goals and 25 assists with a plus 13, 108 shots on goal and 39 PIM
When asked why Miller was sent down on Wednesday, Alain Vigneault said on Thursday that Miller hasn’t earned the right to stay in the lineup on a consistent basis and “he needs to show more commitment on the ice and off.” (NY Post)
He added that hopefully Miller will figure things out and if he does the team will have a good player. If he doesn’t figure things out, Vigneault says that Miller will top out as a “good minor league player.” (NY Post)
6:41PM: The Rangers announcement is below
Miller has been scratched the past two games.
Miller played in two games after being called up last Wednesday, because of Chris Kreider’s injury, and had 3 shots on goal and played 13:19 against Philly and 9:57 against Calgary.
8:17PM: Joe Micheletti said on MSG that the Rangers opted for more experienced players tonight because they feel that while Miller was getting scoring chances, they have enough scoring in the lineup and don’t want to lose based on defense where Miller still needs work.
11:23AM: In his second game with the Rangers after being called up on Wednesday morning, JT Miller played 9:57 through two periods but didn’t take a shift in the third period.
Miller played 4:42 in the first and 5:15 in the second period, was a minus one, had two shots on goal and three missed shots.
Alain Vigneault said after the game about Miller, “I thought the second period there were some offensive opportunities he could have executed better and defensive opportunities he could have executed better and I just felt that I wanted to cut my bench a bit.”
Miller was also a plus one and took a tripping penalty in the first period.
Miller skated with Derick Brassard and Mats Zuccarello and by period, played:
- First: 4:44
- Second: 3:58
- Third: 4:37
His last shift ended with 5:34 in the third period.
At 5 on 5 last night, Miller was on the ice for 16 attempts for, 11 against and 5 on goal for and 6 against. (Extra Skater)
10:23AM: The Rangers have confirmed that Miller has been called up. (Rangers)
9:46AM: The Rangers have called up JT Miller. (AHL)
Miller has 11 points, 2 goals and 9 assists, in 9 March games. He has 25 shots on goal in March.
- Miller has not scored a goal in seven games and went four games without a point before putting up two assists in his last game.
- 9 of Miller’s 11 points this month have come in four games right after he was sent down.
The Rangers planned to call up Miller on an emergency basis for Monday’s game but Marty St. Louis and Derek Stepan were able to play.
During his last call up, 2/25-3/5, Miller played in three games and had 1 goal, 1 assist, 8 shots and played 12:18, 13:00, 14:59.
4:43PM: Miller was not called up on an emergency basis because Stepan and St. Louis are expected to play. (Larry Brooks)
11:31AM: JT Miller is being called up by the Rangers on an emergency basis because of the status of Marty St. Louis and Derek Stepan for tonight’s game. (Katie Strang)
Stepan, St. Louis and Derek Dorsett are all game time decisions because of the flu.
Miller has 11 points, 2 goals and 9 assists, in 9 March games.
From Article 13 13.13 in the CBA, Emergency Recall:
- (i) A Player on Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the League may be Recalled from such Loan under emergency conditions at any time for the duration of the emergency only following which he must be returned promptly to the club from which he was Recalled.
- (ii) Emergency conditions shall be established when the playing strength of the Loaning Club, by reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League suspension to its Players is reduced below the level of two (2) goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof of the existence of the emergency conditions including the incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League upon request made by him.
- (iii) For the purpose of establishing the existence of emergency conditions at any time, to support the Recall of a Player for participation in any Playoff Game, it shall be deemed that the Player(s) on Loan following 3:00 p.m. New York time of the fortieth (40th) day immediately preceding the last day of the Regular Season are continuing on Loan for the remainder of the season notwithstanding that the Loaned club(s) may have been eliminated from further play for the season.
The Rangers have sent JT Miller back to the Wolf Pack. (Wolf Pack)
Miller played three games after being called up last week. He had 1 goal, 1 assist, 8 shots and played 12:18, 13:00, 14:59.
From the AHL: “A player must be on an AHL roster at 3 ET Wed. to be eligible to be sent down from the NHL the rest of the season.”