Rick Nash currently has 14 goals and 7 assists in 20 games and is on pace for a 57 goal, 28 assist season.
Nash’s set his career high in goals as a 19-year-old with 41 and has only come close to breaking that record one time since – his 2008-09 season with 40.
He currently is at a pace of .70 goals per game, significantly higher than his current career high goals per game of .57 from 2005-06.
His career average goals per game is .44.
On being a 50 goal pace, Nash said last week “I always find my game streaky, I’m either scoring or I am not. It would obviously be awesome to be able to do that. It’s more fun if you aren’t scoring and the team is winning. At my age, I am more worried about winning than individual statistics. (NYR)
On Nash, Joe Micheletti said recently “he has been the best player. It’s hard to find games where Nash hasn’t stood out. He does so many things and it’s a consistent effort game after game.”
11/24/14 | 10:27AM: Ron Duguay said on MSG, after Nash scored his 14th last night, that Nash is hungry to keep scoring.
Brian Leetch says that Nash is a lot of fun to watch.
Dave Maloney said after the game on MSG, “when your top guys compete hard and in three zones, you have a better chance of being the better team. His game went beyond his goal tonight.”
11/23/14 | 1:33PM: In describing Rick Nash at times this season, Joe Micheletti has said/called Nash on MSG:
- “The catalyst” for the team
- There are “very few game” where he doesn’t make “huge plays”
- He is the player that “everyone is following”
- “His performance game in and game out is a pleasure to watch”
Dave Maloney has said that when Nash drives to the net he is “unstoppable” and on top of that he has been a three-zone player for the Rangers all-season long.
In speaking about Nash’s game, Dan Girardi said that Nash leads with his play on the ice and he “just seems like a different guy this year.” Girardi added that Nash has been “dynamite” for the Rangers this season. (Sportsnet)
Henrik Lundqvist praised Lundqvist’s determination and how he takes to the net while Derek Stepan said that Nash seems like the same player as last year but the puck is finding it’s way in now. (Sportsnet)
Nash has 13 goals and 7 assists this season for the Rangers.
For more on Nash this year, CLICK HERE.
Sam Rosen spoke with Rick Nash on MSG prior to the Rangers/Leafs game:
- “I have so many friends watching. You enjoy playing in your hometown.”
- On Saturday night in Toronto, “growing up, Saturday night it was like clock work, you are watching HNIC. To be part of it is special and something that you dream of and it’s fun.”
- On Derek Stepan coming back, “it’s huge. He plays in all positions, great defensively, great offensively, PP, PK, a leader, it’s huge to have him back.”
- On the defense, “I think guys have stepped up, guys like Hunwick and Conor are playing a lot more minutes, Kostka, they are stepping up, you need to look at the positives when guys go down or suspended.”
- “we are desperate for a road two points tonight.”
Rick Nash has 9 goals on 36 shots on goal through 11 games this season.
His shooting percentage for the year is 25%, while his career shooting percentage is 12.6%.
Nash ranks second in the NHL with 9 goals and ranks 51st in the league with 36 shots on goal.
He only has three games this season where he has had 2 or fewer shots on goal.
- All 9 of Nash’s goals have come at even strength
- 5 at home/4 on the road
- 3 in the first period, 1 in the second, 5 in the third
- 2 goals tied the game, 3 gave the Rangers the lead.
- 1 for 3 in shootouts
To read more of this story, click here
Asked about Rick Nash, after the Rangers beat the Hurricanes, Joe Micheletti said that Nash has been the hardest working player on the team so far this season. He adds that Nash’s strong play goes beyond his goal scoring and that when he doesn’t have the puck he is working harder than anyone else to get the puck back. (MSG)
Joe adds that Nash hasn’t taken a shift off and has to be an inspiration to his teammates with how he is working. (MSG)
Nash is seeing 1:16 per game on the PK and has 12 takeaways this season which ranks tied for seconds amongst forwards with takeaways.
To read more of this story, click here
Alain Vigneault put Rick Nash with Derick Brassard and Mats Zuccarello to start the third period last night and the trio combined for 3 goals on 8 shots.
In the third period:
- Nash had 1 goal and 1 assist and 2 shots on goal
- Brassard had 1 goal and 2 assists and 3 shots on goal
- Zuccarello had 1 goal, 2 assists and 3 shots on goal
After the game, Alain Vigneault said that this line “took the game over and it was one of the best periods I have seen three guys play in a long time.”
He added that the “Brass line really took over that period and gave us momentum” and that Brass’s line “just went to work” when the third period started.