Nash scored 16 seconds into the game and then again at 11:49.
Nash had three shots in total. Davos won the game 4-3.
In the latest issue of The Hockey News, with Sidney Crosby on the cover, Ken Campbell writes about North American players and the expectation that they could just come into the European leagues and instantly become scoring leaders.
He says that expecting players to put forth the same kind of effort that they do in the NHL when when they are paid so little and run the risk of getting seriously injured.
Campbell also says that some players don’t understand that while the talent level in Europe may not be the same, the competition level is still very high.
He spoke with former NHLer and current GM of Jokerit (Finnish league) Jarmo Kekalainen who said, “this isn’t the the type of league where a guy can come and tear it up. It’s not NHL caliber but it’s very competitive. A big problem for guys is they come here and we’ve already played 25 games and they’re not in game shape. Psychologically, some of the guys think it’s going to be easy.”
Kekalainen also adds that the players love to play against the NHLers and prove they can play on the same level.
Of the three remaining Rangers playing in Europe:
- Rick Nash has 10 goals and six assists in 15 games.
- Derek Stepan has two goals and one assist in seven games
- Michael Del Zotto has 1 goal and 3 assists in six games
According to the game sheet that HC Davos posted on Facebook, Rick Nash will not play today.
He is listed under the absent column.
Nash is reportedly battling a sore groin.
THIS SECTION is all about Nash and Davos
1:08PM Kutcha says that Nash is out of the lineup once again
7:50AM Larry Brooks writes in the NY Post that the Rangers have been told that Nash was held out of yesterday’s game as a precaution.
The injury to his groin isn’t serious.
3:47PM: Nash has a sore groin according to Larry Brooks and it isn’t believed to be serious
1:37PM: According to Marcel Kutcha, Davos is playing today without Rick Nash in the lineup.
The ZSC twitter account, the team Davos is playing says that Nash is “injured.
The goal starts at 2:17
At Sportsnet, Luke Fox lists the top 30 players who are playing overseas and puts Rick Nash at 21 on the list.
Nash has 9 goals and 5 assists in 12 games for Davos.
His game by game breakdowns have been:
- 11/3/12: 5 shots on goal (Davos 6-2 win)
- 10/30/12: 2 shots on goal (Davos 5-1 win)
- 10/27/12: 6 penalty minutes, -4, 6 shots on goal (Davos loss 5-4)
- 10/26/12: 2 goals, +2, 7 shots (Davos 6-5 win)
- 10/23/12: 2 assists, +1, 6 shots on goal (Davos 4-2 win)
- 10/20/12: 1 goal, 1 assist, +1, 9 shots on goal (Davos 3-2 win)
- 10/19/12: 1 assist, 3 shots on goal (Davos 4-1 win)
- 10/13/12: 1 goal, 3 shots (Davos 4-2 loss)
- 10/12/12: 1 goal, -1, 1 shot (Davos 6-3 loss)
- 10/9/12: 1 goal, 1 assist, +2, 5 shots (Davos 3-2 win)
- 9/28/12: 3 shots (game he was injured in) (Davos 4-2 loss)
- 9/25/12: -1, 7 shots (Davos 3-2)
- 9/23/12: 3 goals, +3, 7 shots (Davos 9-2 win)
THIS SECTION is all about Davos and Rick Nash