Ulf Samuelsson was on Rangers Insider on MSG and said:
- On game one and what needs to change, “I think we are going to need our best game. We are playing a good team with a lot of experience in big games so they are going to do what they can do without being bothered by nerves and things like that so it will require our best game but that isn’t surprising. We know what we are up against and we had some players who played good and some players who need to play better.”
- Did you run out of gas in third, “I don’t think we ran out of gas at all, we made some plays early on that gave us some good looks and had guys in the right position to get in on the forecheck and we didn’t accomplish that in the second half of the game, especially the third and we didn’t play as well. The feeling that I had in talking with the players on the bench is there was no fatigue factor.”
- On the defense moving up the ice and creating offense, “we talked about that today, that is something that we have been doing throughout the year and getting everyone involved in the cycle and the rush and come up to the standard that we usually are at.”
- On John Moore, “He has been pretty good all year in all aspects of the game but his strength is joining the rush and that is a good thing for him to do when we have him in the lineup. A good 4 on 4 player and PP guy.”
- On the Kings defense and defending them, “Drew Doughty is I think one of the best in the league and he is gonna push the pace and a lot of times you need to make sure that you have a third man high and if there is a turnover you need to fly back. You have to have people back and make sure that Doughty and Muzzin and Martinez don’t get any looks on odd man breaks.