Larry Brooks tweets that the Rangers are looking to trade for Rick Nash but only at a cost that they feel is appropriate.
Columbus is believed to be searching for a young roster player, two top prospects and a first round pick.
In a series of polls asked on the blog:
- 81% of fans would trade Dylan McIlrath or Christian Thomas along with Brandon Dubinsky and a first round pick.
- 82% of fans said that they wouldn’t pay the price of the teams top prospect, a “good” roster player and a first round pick.
- 69% of fans said that their biggest concern with acquiring Nash was the loss of players and prospects
- 83% of fans said that the prospect they would LEAST like to part with in a deal for Rick Nash is Chris Krieder
- 81% of fans said that they would not trade Michael Del Zotto in a deal to get Rick Nash.
- 73% of fans said that they wouldn’t break up what the Rangers had in order to get Nash.
- In a poll asking if fans even wanted Rick Nash, the results were 52%-Depends on the price, 31% NO, 16% YES
- 46% of fans said that they would be okay with sending prospects for Nash depending on who they were.
- 97% of fans said that they would not make a trade for Nash involving Kreider, Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh, a first round pick and Brandon Dubinsky
- 95% of fans said that they wouldn’t trade Kreider, Dubinsky and Del Zotto for Nash
- 71% of fans said that they would not trade Dubinsky, Kreider and a first to get Nash.
[jbutton color="white" link="http://www.snyrangersblog.com/category/trade-deadline-2012/nhl-players/rick-nash/" size="xsmall"]CLICK HERE[/jbutton] to see everything about the Rick Nash saga.