Last night Rangers coach Alain Vigneault was a guest of Laura Behnke on WABC 7:
- On coming to NY, “It’s been an adjustment. NY is a big city but I have been able to find a place, get to know my training facility, get to know my players.”
- On expectations, “We are going to embrace that. That pressure means that you can compete for the Stanley Cup, that you are a good team. We wouldn’t want it any other way and I think our players wouldn’t want it any other way. They are excited, working real hard, extremely motivated and they want to win. It’s our job to work together and put our best foot forward.
- On Henrik Lundqvist’s extension, “I want him locked up but I have nothing to do with contracts. I am confident that Henrik wants to be here and I am confident that Henrik will stay a New York Ranger.”
- On starting on the road, “Being on the road for the month of October will allow us to get to know each other. We will use it the best we can and to get on the same page with our system, that we get to know each other and that it will work out.”
- On young players, “talent has no age. Guys who are ready to play and contribute will be on our team. I have never shied away from a young man that can contribute on a regular basis. He gets the ice time he deserves and that won’t change.”
- On what he will tell his team on Thursday, “enjoy our work. Lets focus on the daily process. We are here to win and that is what we are trying to do.”