Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expected to start negotiating with other teams if Jamison does not close deal to purchase Coyotes in next 24 hrs—
John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 27, 2012
2:14PM: According to David Shoalts, for Doan to leave Phoenix, he is looking for four years and $30 million.
Doan reportedly has that exact offer from an Eastern Conference club.
Shoalts adds “There are teams willing to pay Doan $7-million for one year (maybe two) but he’ll be 36 by start of season so 4 yrs is scary. All that being said, same source says someone will cough up a four-year deal for Doan in $7-m range.”
12:25PM: According to Sarah McLellan in the Arizona Republic, Shane Doan is primarily interested in three or four teams and a couple more that he is just interested in.
Doan is expected to speak with prospective Coyotes buyer Greg Jamison today to get an update on where he stands with purchasing the team. His agent says that if they don’t get the update they want “I think we’re going to start to negotiate with some of the other clubs.”
His agent went on to say “I wouldn’t be shocked if we had a decision next week.”
Doan visited with the Rangers and Flyers while on the East coast last week.
Doan’s agent says that it’s time to decide “It’s time to fish or cut bait. All the obstacles are out of the way, so I can’t hold these teams off forever. They have franchises to run, and they need to make moves for their clubs as well. I don’t think it’s fair to Shane or the other clubs that might be interested to continue to drag this out.”
Vancouver newspaper The Province thinks that Doan won’t sign for less than three years and could be expected to get multiple five year offers, something the Canucks may not be willing to do.