Allen adds, “Now that the first proposal is on the table at least the true negotiations should begin.”
Darren Dreger tweets:
- NHL’s initial proposal is just that…the 1st proposal. Players knew it would be heavily one-sided. PA will counter and negotiation starts
- I understand the frustration and emotion, but all signs have been pointing to a work stoppage for months. The threat is now real.
Elliotte Friedman tweets:
- I’m a labour pessimist, but it is July 14 and that is the NHL’s first proposal. When NHLPA counters, we’ll see what league is really serious about. Undoubtedly, NHL is prepared to “make concessions” on some of that. Question is: how much?
Bob Mckenzie tweets:
- It’s an opening salvo not unexpected insofar as an owners’ Utopian wish list. Let’s see where we’re at Sept. 14.
- The biggest nut to crack is two-fold: what’s the definition of 100 per cent of Hockey Related Revenue and what share will the players get.
- So there’s going to be a lot of “the sky is falling” forecasts, and maybe it will, but I’ll wait until September to put on my hard hat.