TSN has obtained the six page proposal that the NHLPA sent to the owners.
The proposal is broken down into seven topics:
- Revenue Sharing
- Defined Benefit of Pension Plan
- Player contracting and system issues
- Players Share
- Terms of CBA
- Transition Rules to be negotiated
CLICK HERE to read the entire proposal.
- Pool of $2oo million when HRR is $3.3 billion and the number would vary year to year based on HRR
- The formula for contributing will be determined by the NHL’s formula
- Minimum player salary increases $25k every two years. It is $525,000 right now
- Teams must reach the salary floor without using player bonus money
- “A team may have an unlimited number of Retained Salary Transactions up to 15% of the Upper Limit in any League year”
- Contracts of players in the minor leagues or in Europe worth more than $1 million count against the cap. This applies ONLY to contracts signed after the CBA is ratified.
- Teams can’t use buyouts on players making less than $3 million
- No fixed numbers but starting with the second year of the deal, the players share can’t be lower than it was the year before
The CBA expires on 9/15/2017
Topics still to be discussed are amnesty buyouts, movement of deadlines and “any other relevant matters”