2:27PM: Chris Johnston tweets that Gary Bettman emailed the offer to Donald Fehr last night.
1:28PM: At ESPN.com, Pierre LeBrun has obtained the details of the NHL proposal to the NHLPA.
Some of the details include:
- 10-year CBA agreement with a mutual opt-out after 8 years
- 50/50 HRR split
- Make Whole of $300 million
- No salary rollbacks
- Transition salary cap of $70.2 million in 2013 and then a cap of $60 million in 2013/14
- One compliance buyout prior to the 2013-14 season
- Six-year contract limit for free agents and seven-year contracts for players that you are re-signing
- Year to year salary variance is 10%
- Salaries of players in other leagues that are above a “defined threshold” will count against the salary cap
- Teams can “retain/allocate” salary and cap hits in player trades
- Performance bonuses don’t count against the salary cap, no re-entry waivers, creation of “interview period” for free agents
- Weighted draft lottery for all non-playoff teams