12:55PM: Final score was 3-2 Blue.
Brian Boyle had two goals for the white team.
Benoit Pouliot, Oscar Lindberg and Anton Stralman scored for Blue.
12:46PM: Rick Nash said, “the pace was pretty good. We are all trying to get up to game speed.”
Nash says that he thinks Chris Kreider will be a star with the Rangers.
Earlier reports and lineups are below:
12:46PM: Boyle and Zuccarello playfully jab at each other.
- Talbot stops Pouliot on the backhand
- Brad Richards is stopped by Hedberg with a pad
- Derick Brassard makes too many moves in front of the net and runs out of room.
- Rick Nash shoots way high
- Mats Zuccarello goes very slow and is stopped by Talbot
- Chris Kreider comes in with speed and beats Hedberg with a quick wrister
- Oscar Linidberg beats Talbot. Lindberg dekes and scores through the legs on the backhand
- Johan Hedberg comes out and stops Danny Kristo
- Jesper Fast is stopped by Talbot
- Brian Boyle is stopped by Hedberg
12:42PM: The group pick MVPs of the game
- Al: Zucc
- Joe and Dave: Brian Boyle
12:41PM: Anton Stralman scores with a few seconds left. The puck comes out of the corner and Stralman buries it. Blue wins 3-2
12:37PM: Marc Staal takes a shot that is deflected wide by Brian Boyle. The puck goes around the net and Danny Kristo gives a deft little back hand pass to Boyle who scores from in front of the net. 2-2
12:37PM: Brad Richards hits the cross bar
12:33PM: Pouliot, from in front of the net, tips in a Ryan McDonagh shot that looked like it was going wide. 2-1 BLUE.
12:28PM: McDonagh to Fast to Lindberg on the PP. McDonagh gave Fast a little pass inside the blue line. Fast sent it cross ice in the zone to Lindberg and Lindberg skated in a little and beat Talbot high on the glove side.
12:25PM: Derek Dorsett had a goal disallowed and it’s still 1-0.
12:19PM: PP work has begun.
12:04PM: End of 2 periods, 1-0 White. PPs will start in the third period.
12:02PM: Derick Brassard is able to skate through two Rangers and enter the zone. Benoit Pouliot puts the puck through Brad Richards. He has a chance at the side of the net and can’t convert.
Brassard looks very good skating and passing the puck.
12PM: Dave Maloney lets out a moan as a pass to create a good chance just misses.
Ryan McDonagh continues to fly all over the ice.
11:59AM: The goalies have switched. Hedberg in for blue and Talbot in for white.
11:47AM: Danny Kristo steals the puck from Oscar Lindberg and sends a pass to Brian Boyle that is knocked away.
11:46AM: John Moore has “J. MOORE” on the back of his jersey
11:45AM: Derick Brassard with a nice set up to John Moore who is stopped by Henrik Lundqvist.
11:43AM: Dominic Moore drives hard to the net and is stopped by Lundqvist
Moore just has “MOORE” on the back of his jersey.
11:42AM: Brian Boyle and Michael Del Zotto have a 2 on 1….Boyle shoots and is stopped by Biron
11:40AM: Dave Maloney has been impressed with Micheal Haley who is showing he is more than a “knucklehead.”
11:35AM: Seated from left to right, the Rangers coaches and execs watching the scrimmage are:
- Daniel Lacroix, Scott Arniel, Ulf Samuelsson, Jeff Gorton, Glen Sather, Alain Vigneault
11:30AM: First period ends 1-0 White. Brian Boyle with the only goal
11:28AM: Richards, Kreider and Nash cycled the puck effectively and get a shot on net.
11:27AM: Blue has started to even up the puck possession. Ryan McDonagh is skating all over the ice with the puck.
11:25AM: Benoit Pouliot and Derick Brassard had a 2 on 1 but Brassard’s pass was tipped.
11:24AM: Marc Staal with a chance from in front of the net. Rick Nash goes back to cover for him on defense.
11:21AM: MSG goes to commercial and come back with Adam Graves.
Graves says that a lot of prospects have improved in a short time and that they can learn a lot from just watching the veteran players
11:17AM: White has dominated Blue so far in terms of puck possession.
11:17AM: Michael Del Zotto skating around the puck and bringing it deep into the offensive zone.
11:15AM: Chris Kreider with a slap shot wide. Rick Nash takes the puck to the net, it gets knocked away and Richards ends up with a good chance.
11:13AM: Brian Boyle scores the first goal. 1-0 White
11:11AM: Lundqvist is starting for white and Biron for Blue. Brad Richards line is starting for white.
11:02AM: Joe says that the feeling in training camp is much less tense than it was with John Tortorella as head coach.
10:43AM: The Rangers have an intrasquad scrimmage coming up at 11 AM.
The team says on twitter that the lines for Group A are: (BLUE)
- Benoit Pouliot, Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello
- Taylor Pyatt, Oscar Lindberg, Jesper Fast
- Micheal Haley, Dominic Moore, Derek Dorsett
- Brandon Mashinter, Michael St. Croix and Josh Nicholls.
- Dan Girardi and Ryan McDonagh
- John Moore and Anton Stralman
- Conor Allen and Tommy Hughes
- Brandon Nash
- Johan Hedberg and Marty Biron
The lines for Group B include: (WHITE)
- Chris Kreider, Brad Richards, Rick Nash
- Marek Hrivik, Brian Boyle, Danny Kristo
- Ryan Bourque, Darroll Powe, Arron Asham
- Andrew Yogan, Michael Kantor, Shawn O’Donnell
- Marc Staal and Michael Del Zotto
- Aaron Johnson and Stu Bickel
- Dylan McIlrath and Danny Syvret
- Henrik Lundqvist and Cam Talbot
Al Trautwig notes that injured forwards Ryan Callahan and Carl Hagelin aren’t participating in the practice and that assistant coach Daniel Lacroix is working them very hard in workouts right now.