Game Notes from the Rangers:
- The Rangers will begin a three-game homestand when they face-off against the Toronto Maple Leafs tomorrow at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. — TV: MSG Plus; Radio: Bloomberg Radio), in an Original Six matchup.
- 2013: Tomorrow is the first of three meetings this season, and the first of two meetings at Madison Square Garden
- Last Season: New York was 2-2-0 overall (0-2-0 mark at home; 2-0-0 mark on the road). The Blueshirts’ penalty kill was 12-13 (92.3%) in the season series. Marian Gaborik led all skaters with three goals, and tied for the series lead in scoring with four points. Brad Richards led the team with three assists in the series. Henrik Lundqvist was 1-2-0 with a 3.30 GAA, while Martin Biron posted a 20-save shutout in his only appearance against Toronto last season.
- The Rangers have recorded a point in 10 of their last 12 meetings with the Maple Leafs (8-2-2 over the span), and have out-scored Toronto, 43-23, during the stretch
- Stats against the Leafs:
- Henrik Lundqvist — 20 GP, 10-6-4, 2.66 GAA, 2 SO
Martin Biron — 32 GP, 14-11-2-3, 2.60 GAA, 2 SO
Brad Richards — 34 GP, 16-17-33
Marian Gaborik — 15 GP, 9-7-16
Rick Nash — 8 GP, 2-4-6
Michael Del Zotto — 11 GP, 2-2-4