Game Notes from the Rangers:
- The Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. — TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in their second meeting in seven days. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 7-5-0 (14 pts).
- All-Time: 117-99-19-6 overall (69-37-11-4 at home; 48-62-8-2 on the road)
- 2013: Tonight is the second of four meetings this season, and their second and final meeting at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are 1-0-0 in the season series, following a 4-1 win on Feb. 7 at Madison Square Garden. The Blueshirts’ power play is 1-2 (50.0%), while the penalty kill is 5-5 (100.0%) in the series. Rangers’ rookie J.T. Miller leads all skaters with two goals, while Ryan McDonagh (one goal, one assist) and Marc Staal (two assists) are tied with Miller for the series lead in scoring with two points apiece. Henrik Lundqvist is 1-0-0 with a 1.00 GAA and .964 Sv% in the series.
- Career vs. Islanders:
- Martin Biron — 28 GP, 21-4-1-1, 2.03 GAA, 2 SO
- Marian Gaborik — 28 GP, 20-14-34