Game Notes from the Rangers:
- The Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders at at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. — TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 4-5-0 (8 pts). The Islanders enter the contest with a 4-4-1 (9 pts) record to rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, and have lost four of their last six games (2-3-1). Following tomorrow’s contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Sunday, Feb. 10, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in their second meeting in eight days.
- All-Time: 116-99-19-6 overall (68-37-11-4 at home; 48-62-8-2 on the road)
- 2013: Tomorrow is the first of four meetings this season, and the first of two meetings at Madison Square Garden.
Last Season: New York was 4-1-1 overall (3-0-0 mark at home; 1-1-1 mark on the road). Five of their six meetings were decided by two goals or less, including two contests that required extra time. The Rangers out-scored the Islanders, 20-14, including a 16-9 advantage after the first period. The Blueshirts’ power play was 5-25 (20.0%), led by Brad Richards’ two power play goals. Marian Gaborik led the team with five goals and seven points in the season series, while Anton Stralman tallied a team-high, five assists. Henrik Lundqvist was 3-1-0 with a 1.97 GAA, .929 Sv% and one shutout, while Martin Biron was 1-0-1 with a 2.41 GAA and .906 Sv%.
- INDIVIDUAL CAREER LEADERS vs. ISLANDERS:
- Henrik Lundqvist — 41 GP, 24-11-5, 2.18 GAA, 4 SO
- Martin Biron — 28 GP, 21-4-1-1, 2.03 GAA, 2 SO
- Marian Gaborik — 27 GP, 19-14-33
- Brad Richards — 36 GP, 13-20-33
- Ryan Callahan — 30 GP, 7-13-20
- Dan Girardi — 36 GP, 3-7-10