Game Notes from the Rangers:
- All-Time: 116-107-37-7 overall (60-47-23-4 at home; 56-60-14-3 on the road)
- 2013: Tonight is the first of five meetings this season, and the first of three meetings at Wells Fargo Center.
- Last Season: New York was 6-0-0 overall (3-0-0 mark at home; 3-0-0 mark on the road). New York out-scored Philadephia, 24-11, including a 7-1 advantage in the first period and a 10-4 advantage in the third period. The Rangers tallied the game’s first goal in five of the six contests. The Blueshirts’ power play was 8-25 (32.0%), while the penalty kill was 23-26 (88.5%) in the season series. The Rangers had 18 different players tally a point against the Flyers last season, including 12 different goal-scorers. Marian Gaborik led all skaters in scoring with nine points (four goals, five assists), while Ryan Callahan notched a series-high, five goals, and Brad Richards tallied series-high, six assists. Henrik Lundqvist was 6-0-0 with a 1.83 GAA, .942 Sv% and one shutout.
- The Rangers enter the contest with an eight-game winning streak against the Flyers, dating back to a 7-0 win at MSG on Mar. 6, 2011. The Blueshirts have out-scored the Flyers, 34-13, during the streak.
- The Blueshirts have won their last four games at Philadelphia, out-scoring the Flyers, 16-9, over the span
- New York tied for second with a 24-12-5 (53 pts) record on the road last season; Philadelphia tied for 16th with a 22-13-6 (50 pts) mark at home last season
- The Rangers were 15-7-2 vs. the Atlantic Division last season; the Flyers were 11-11-2 vs. the Atlantic Division last season
- New York lists three former Flyers on their roster: Arron Asham (2008-09 – 2009-10); Martin Biron (2006-07 – 2008-09); Steve Eminger (2008-09)
- Philadelphia lists two former Rangers on their roster: Ruslan Fedotenko (2010-11 – 2011-12); Jody Shelley (2009-10)