Game Notes from the Rangers:
- The Rangers will conclude their three-game homestand when they face-off against the Montreal Canadiens at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. — TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in an Original Six matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 8-5-1 (17 pts).
- Montreal has won four straight games.
- 2013: Tomorrow is the first of three meetings this season, and the only meeting at Madison Square Garden
- The Rangers enter the contest with a three-game winning streak against the Canadiens at Madison Square Garden, having out-scored Montreal, 15-7, during the streak
- Last Season: New York was 2-2-0 overall (2-0-0 at home; 0-2-0 on the road). The Rangers out-scored the Canadiens, 5-2, in the first period. New York’s power play was 3-17 (17.6%) in the series. Derek Stepan led the team with five assists/points in the season series, while Michael Del Zotto led the Rangers with three goals and all team defensemen with four points. Henrik Lundqvist was 2-1-0 with a 2.67 GAA, and Martin Biron was 0-1-0 with a 4.01 GAA.