Game Notes from the Rangers:
- The Rangers will face-off against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden (7:30 p.m. — TV: NBC Sports Network; Radio: Bloomberg Radio), in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. New York is coming off a 5-0 win on Monday at Verizon Center, in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series against the Washington Capitals. The Rangers enter the contest with a 212-229-8 record all-time in 449 playoff contests (119-88-2 at home; 93-141-6 on the road). New York has posted a 44-48-5 record all-time in Game 1s.
- The Rangers and Bruins are meeting in the playoffs for the 10th time overall, and the first time in 40 years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 1973 Quarterfinals, a series won by New York 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-6 playoff series record vs. the Bruins, posting an 18-22-2 mark in 42 postseason contests.
- The Rangers have won 11 of their last 15 regular season games against the Bruins, including seven of their last nine meetings, and are 22-7-2 against Boston since 2005-06
- The Blueshirts are 5-1-0 in their last six regular season games at TD Garden, having out-scored the Bruins, 15-10, over the span
- Henrik Lundqvist has started in 27 consecutive regular season games against Boston, dating back to Jan. 13, 2007
Leave your thoughts on the game in the comments section.