In a post twitter, Bob McKenzie wondered if teams will start sending out offer sheets to RFAs since the salary cap has gone down and teams are no longer able to hide players cap hits in the minors.
Darren Dreger tweeted and said that there is some buzz among organizations that players such as Alex Pietrangelo, Zach Bogosian, Bryan Little, Adam Henrique and the Islanders Travis Hamonic and Josh Bailey.
In the NY Post yesterday, Larry Brooks wrote that he feels the chances of Ryan McDonagh getting an offer sheet are “remote” but wonders what would happen if the Islanders, who need to spend money to get to the cap floor, decide to take a run at McDonagh with the hope of either signing him or giving the Rangers more of a headache.
In terms of compensation for RFAs, the latest CBA has this chart
- $1,110,249 or below—- None
- Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194—– Third Round
- Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391—- Second Round
- Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585—- First Round Pick and Third Round Pick
- Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 —- First Round Pick, Second Round Pick, Third Round Pick
- Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976—– Two First Round Picks, Second Round Pick and Third Round Pick
- Over $8,410,976—- Four First Round Picks