10:33PM: Quotes via the Rangers:
Alain Vigneault on the team’s play in the third period…“One of the things our team prides itself on is work ethic and conditioning. Give a lot of credit to Reg [Grant] and Adam [Virgile], our conditioning coaches. They spend a lot of time with our players on that. That’s something that is within our control and I’m really pleased with where we are in that area. Probably shows up in the third and it did tonight.”
Kevin Hayes on tonight’s game…“Not a lot was going on there for the first two periods, but during the last 10 minutes it was pretty exciting. It was playoff-type hockey there. Good defensive teams, good goalies, and both goalies made great saves. We were lucky enough to get two points.”
Cam Talbot on the team’s defensive play tonight…“I think we played really good in front of our net tonight. We didn’t give up those Grade-A chances from right in the slot. Anything we gave them we pushed them to the outside. After that, it was just kind of finding sticks and I was able to control a lot of the rebounds which is nice. The guys did a great job boxing out and we didn’t give them a lot of second opportunities, which is where they thrive. We did a great job in our zone tonight.”
9:35PM: First Period:
- Kevin Hayes (12) Snap shot – ASST: Derick Brassard (35)
- 3: Karri Ramo
- 2: Kevin Hayes
- 1: Cam Talbot
- On some illness, “we have a couple of game time decisions, maybe 1-2 guys won’t be able to go. Without going into the details we will make the decisions come warm up.”
- On Oscar Lindberg, “he is going to definitely play tonight. In Hartford, the feedback we are getting is that he is playing extremely well, strong two-way center with hockey sense. His first game, looking forward to it and he will do well for us. ‘
Nash was out of practice yesterday with what the team called a maintenance day.
The lines during rushes in warmups have (Cyrgalis):
- Kevin Hayes, Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello
- Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, Marty St. Louis
- Carl Hagelin, Oscar Lindberg, JT Miller
- Tanner Glass, Dom Moore, Lee Stempniak
John Moore is out on defense. (Gross)
It does not appear that he has been called up on an emergency basis.
- For a lot more on Lindberg, including many of the goals he has scored this season, click HERE.
Alain Vigneault says that tonight’s lineup has a “few balls up in the air” because there are some “flu-like” issues going around the team. (NYR)
Rick Nash missed yesterday’s practice with a maintenance day and Alain Vigneault said that there were no issues.