Marty St. Louis is expected to play RW on a line with Derek Stepan and Chris Kreider. (NY Post)
Rick Nash is expected to fill the spot left vacated by Benoit Pouliot and skate with Derick Brassard and Mats Zuccarello. (NY Post)
- Nash has mostly played RW since coming to the Rangers.
Larry Brooks writes that if Ryan Malone makes the team he will be on the PP and that may come at the expense of Nash. Brooks says that Malone is a “prototypical” net presence for an Alain Vigneault PP because of how he goes to the net and “mucks” it up. (NY Post)
Brooks also wonders if Malone could end up taking the spot next to Brassard and Zuccarello because he plays a style similar to Benoit Pouliot. (NY Post)
Nash may play with Stepan and St. Louis and Kreider, Brassard and Zuccarello may be the second line. (Newday)
Adam Rotter: The lines that the Rangers start with are not the ones that they will finish with, let alone the lines that they will use the next night. I think Chris Kreider is a better replacement for Benoit Pouliot than Nash and I think Nash may be the better finisher on a line with Stepan and St. Louis.
4:30PM: Henrik Lundqvist was a guest on The Michael Kay show on ESPN NY at 4:30PM:
- Is it tough to play the whole season, “it is something that you think about but now is time to move on and reset. We need to focus on October to get ready and it’s something that inspires you. You want to get back there and get a chance at the cup since it was so much fun. But now it’s time to reset.”
To read more of this story, click here
The Rangers have announced their 2014-15 roster for training camp.
The team is inviting 62 players to camp:
- Forwards: Chris Bourque, Ryan Bourque, Derick Brassard, Nathan Burns, Anthony Duclair, Jesper Fast, Tanner Glass, Carl Hagelin, Ryan Haggerty, Kevin Hayes, Marek Hrivik, Keegan Iverson, Michael Kantor, Chris Kreider, Danny Kristo, Nickolas Latta, Paxton Leroux, Oscar Lindberg, Matthew Lombardi, Ryan Malone, Chris McCarthy, J.T. Miller, Dominic Moore, Chris Mueller, Rick Nash, Richard Nejezchleb, Logan Nelson, Josh Nicholls, Ryan Potulny, Michael St. Croix, Martin St. Louis, Lee Stempniak, Derek Stepan, Adam Tambellini, Nick Tarnasky, Andrew Yogan, Mats Zuccarello.
- Defense: Conor Allen, Mat Bodie, Dan Boyle, Troy Donnay, Dan Girardi, Ryan Graves, Tommy Hughes, Matt Hunwick, Steven Kampfer, Kevin Klein, Michael Kostka, Ryan Mantha, Ryan McDonagh, Dylan McIlrath, John Moore, Samuel Noreau, Marc Staal, Dallas Valentine, Daniel Walcott.
- Goalie: Cedrick Desjardins, Brandon Halverson, Henrik Lundqvist, Jason Missiaen, Mackenzie Skapski, Cam Talbot.
The players report for physicals tomorrow and have their first on-ice session on Friday at 10AM.
3:59PM: Defenseman Petr Zamorsky
may will also be in camp which would bring the number to 63 total players. (Zipay)
9/16/14 | 7:25PM: Chris Kreider said that he knows the “kind of player” that he can be, the player he wants to be and what he needs to work on. (Salem News)
He says that knowing this provides a “huge advantage” and puts the things he needs to do to achieve that into perspective. (Salem News)
Kreider says that he wants to keep getting better and has to use his speed and strength to do that. (Salem News)
He says that his game is about “creating havoc” in front of the net and knowing that he can both take and deliver hits when the time comes. (Salem News)
He says that he wants to be the kind of player who “finishes” on the chances he had in the Stanley Cup Final. (Salem News)
Tweet: Marty St. Louis is looking forward to training camp
St. Louis is in the final year of his contract but has continuously spoken about playing with the Rangers beyond this year.