While meeting with the media yesterday, Alain Vigneault said that there are a few players, he didn’t specify, who have been given big roles and top six minutes but have yet to produce.
Pat Leonard, in the Daily News, thinks that the unnamed players that Vigneault mentioned are Benoit Pouliot, Taylor Pyatt and Mats Zuccarello.
Those three players have combined for ZERO points and a total of 21 shots on goal.
- Pouliot: minus 3, 13:49 per game, on ice for 3 goals against, 0 goals for, 59 shot attempts against, 64 shot attempts for, 36 shots on goal against, 30 shots on goal for.
- Starts: 30.8% of shifts in offensive zone, 40.4% in the neutral zone, 28.8% in the defensive zone
- Zuccarello: minus 2, 17:23 per game, on ice for 2 goals against, 0 goals for, 76 total shot attempts against, 77 shot attempts for, 46 shots on goal against, 36 shots on goal for.
- Starts: 23.2% of shifts in offensive zone, 35.7% in neutral zone, 41.1% in defensive zones
- Pyatt: minus 6, 15:22 per game, on ice for 8 goals against, 1 goal for, 90 total shot attempts against, 53 shot attempts for, 46 shots on goal against, 30 shots on goal for.
- Starts: 17.7% in the offensive zone, 51.6% in the neutral zone, 30.6% in the defensive zone.
Zuccarello told the Daily News that he knows he has to produce and that while he is glad to have been given a good role, he knows he will lose it if he doesn’t start adding offense.
Derick Brassard told the NY Post that he to create offense for his linemates and when he gets scoring chances he needs to bury them.