1:04PM: Pyatt spoke this morning after practice (Penguins)
- “it’s definitely going to be a little weird playing your old team right off the bat but I am looking forward to a fresh start and playing the old team right away and getting it out of the way.”
- On his reaction, “I was excited to be able to come to a team like this, first in the conference, a Stanley Cup contender everyone has been great. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind this morning, getting settled and I am looking forward to getting out there.”
- Do you know any of the Penguins, “Robert Bortuzzo is from the same home town and I have met James Neal before so I know a few of the guys.
Pyatt speaks about his time with the Rangers below
- On talking with the coaches, “we went over some things system wise this morning but the message was just to go out and play, not to worry about things, just play on instincts and have some fun.”
- On the emotions, “I woke up New Years Day and got the call at 12:30PM that I was put on waivers and I wasn’t sure if I would get picked up. A chance to go in the minors but to get picked up by Pitt and get a fresh start has worked out pretty well.”
- On a fresh start, “It was a tough three months for me there. I got off to a tough start, had an injury and then it was a battle to get back into the lineup. Sitting out the amount of games that I did makes it hard to feel like you are part of the team and now it’s exciting and I want to take advantage of it.”
- What happened this season, “some young guys came up and played really well. I was given a shot at the start of the year and things didn’t turn the way that I wanted. I sort of felt that I was on the outside looking in, it’s always tough leaving a team but I am excited about Pittsburgh.”
- On what they need to do against the Rangers, “get off to a good start. They have struggled scoring goals at 5 on 5 and have been on a road trip for a little while and trying to get over .500. If we can get off to a good start it will make it a tough game for them.”
- On giving some insight to the coaches on the Rangers. “I’ve talked with the coaches and a few of the guys here and will probably do a little more. We will be ready to go tonight.”
11:06AM: Taylor Pyatt is on the ice this morning with the Penguins and skating on a third line with Joe Vitale and Craig Adams.