Ryane Clowe joined James Duthie on TSN:
- “I had the luxury of scouting teams and seeing where I fit in. I was intrigued by coming to the East. NY was high on my list and while I had some connection with the Canucks, I kind wanted to come to the East and play for the Rangers.”
- On his season, “I’m not really sure to be honest. I got off to a slow start. A bigger guy like myself, the lockout hurt a bit, my best hockey has been played the past couple of weeks and down the stretch I would like to think that is where I will play by hockey and help with the push.”
Clowe also spoke with Shawn McKenzie of Sportsnet after practice today:
- “Once I realized that I was going to be moved, it was up to me where I wanted to go and I wanted to come East and the Rangers fit. I don’t know if you really know who fits until you get here, but looking at how they play, it fits my style and I made a push to come here and it worked.”
- “The excitement kicks in right away.”
- On being a rental, “I’d like to be here for a while. It’s early and we will feel it out on both sides and see what happens, but hopefully I can play my best hockey and be here for a while.”
After practice, Clowe spoke with Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants and said that he knows goals will come for him.