On December 11,Michael Del Zotto left his team in Switzerland, the Lakers, and returned to NY/TOR to have a back injury checked out.
Last week, in an interview with Ken Campbell at The Hockey News, Del Zotto continued to say that his injury isn’t serious, “I’m just getting it treated everyday. My health is my number one concern. I enjoyed my six weeks over there but I had to get home and get it checked out by doctors that I trust and am used to dealing with. It’s nothing serious but I just want to make sure I am 100% if the season were to start as soon as possible.
When asked about his contract and situation as an RFA, Del Zotto said “I know that something will get done once the season does start. You think about it but it’s not the number one concern.”
He said that he won’t make a decision on returning to Switzerland until he is 100% and has more clarity on the CBA situation.
Del Zotto spent some of his time before going to Switzerland working at a Toronto area supermarket.