5:13PM: Prust added
- “I don’t know if I have many bad memories. I made a lot of friends. I love the city. It’s a great organization and it was a kick start to my NHL career.”
- “I think everyone respects what I did here. I worked my butt off. I gave honest and hard work.”
- “Some of these guys are my best friends, my friends for life”
- “Torts likes guys that work hard. I think we both respected each other. He taught me a lot and set the bar high for everybody. He brought out the best in me and I am very thankful.”
- “I would like to put a couple past Henrik Lundqvist.”
5:09PM: Prust met with the media before the game and Katie Strang says that when the topic of John Tortorella saying he was “just a guy in a Montreal uniform,” Prust jokingly responded that Tortorella is just another coach of the Rangers.
She adds that Prust wanted to set a precedent with his contract for player that have his role.
2:32PM: As Brandon Prust returns to Madison Square Garden tonight, he told RDS that he will be playing against players like Brian Boyle, Henrik Lundqvist and Marion Gaborik that he called “friends for life.”
Prust went on to say that he has “immense” respect for John Tortorella and that Tortorella showed Prust how to be a “real pro.” Prust also called Tortorella “a very good coach.”
When asked about Prust yesterday, Tortorella said that Prust is “just a guy in a Montreal uniform.”
Lavoie says that the Rangers offer for Prust was believed to be three years and for a total of $5.4 million.
He adds that while the contract he signed with Montreal, four years and $10 million, was seen as expensive, Prust provides a value that goes beyond statistics.