In the NY Times, Brad Richards did a quick interview and was asked about his play from last season and if he was happy with it.
Richards responded, “I really deep down was only happy with my last 20 games and the playoffs. That being said, I was hard on myself and tried too hard at times because of coming to New York. Now I am more prepared after a year.”
By month, Richards scoring broke down as:
- October: 3 goals, 6 assists in 10 games
- November: 6 goals, 4 assists in 11 games
- December: 4 goals, 5 assists in 15
- January: 3 goals, 2 assists in 12 games
- February: 2 goals, 7 assists in 13 games
- March: 7 goals, 15 assists in 17 games
- April (Reg Season): 2 assists in 4 games
- April (Playoffs): 4 goals, 4 assists in nine playoff games
- May (Playoffs): 2 goals, 5 assists in 11 games
Because of their history together, Tortorella said that he doesn’t worry about Richards.