Below is how it looked on Saturday
- On the host calling him a superstar, “let’s calm down a bit.”
- On playing at Yankee Stadium, “we are so excited, this is something we have been talking about for years. Ever since they started the outdoor games in the NHL guys have been talking about how cool it would be to play in NY and at Yankee Stadium. It’s something I have been looking forward to for years. It will be a great atmosphere and something that you will remember for the rest of your life.”
1/3/14: 1:07PM: Uni Watch says that Lundqvist will wear the Pinstriped pads in the Stadium Series game.
It’s been rumored that Lundqvist will wear pinstriped pads during the games.
Adam Rotter: They don’t look exactly alike but it’s pretty close, with the same color scheme and the same coloring on the letters. The sleeves and shoulders are a little different, but overall they look like minor league jerseys. They were going to be non-traditional jerseys based upon the Chrome Stadium Series logos, but I was really pulling for just a cream colored version of the Heritage jersey.
The Rangers have officially announced their jersey for the two games they are playing at Yankee Stadium.
12/20/13; 7AM: The Rangers Stadium Series jersey is WHITE and has NEW YORK running down the front of it. (Icethetics)
- New York is BLUE and outlined in silver and red
- The colors are similar to the Liberty jersey
- The Rangers Chrome Logo is on one shoulder and the Stadium Series logo is on the other
- The numbers on the back are elongated, as on the other Stadium Series jerseys, and are the same style as they are on the T-Shirt.
12/19/13: 6:40PM: The Rangers will reveal their Stadium Series jersey tomorrow prior to their game against the Islanders. (Rangers)
12/15/13: 1:34PM: The Rangers will unveil their Yankee Stadium jerseys this week. (Steve Zipay at Newsday)
THIS is what the Stadium Series T-shirt looks like.
Brooks asked if the mask would be pinstripe inspired and Lundqvist said, “you never know….wait and see.”