JT Miller, David LeNeveu, Justin Falk and Jesper Fast.
Alain Vigneault said on MSG after the game that he didn’t want to go into all the reasons why he made the changes but having fresh legs was part of it.
Diaz was paired with Kevin Klein and played 19:30, with 6:18 coming on the PP. He took six shots on goal and had three of his attempts blocked. Diaz also had one hit and one blocked shot.
- First Period: 6:01
- Second Period: 7:07
- Third Period: 6:22
He played mostly against Matt Miskanen, Olli Maatta, Brandon Sutter, James Neal, Beau Bennett and Jussi Jokinen.
At 5 on 5, Diaz was on the ice for 13 shots for, 6 against and 7 shots on goal for and 1 against.
Dave Maloney and EJ Hradek said on MSG that they felt Diaz brought some new life to the power play.
1:45PM: Miller said that he had a lot of nerves before the game, especially as he was out on the blue line during the National Anthem. (Rangers)
Miller said, “some guys said to just do your thing. Hags and Brad helped me through the game to calm my nerves, especially Brad. He was really supportive of me and told me to play my game and keep moving and be smart.” (Rangers)
12:34PM: In his first career playoff game, JT Miller played 10:22, had an assist, one shot on goal, two shots that missed the net, 2 hits, 1 takeaway and one blocked shot.
When Miller was on the ice at 5 on 5, with Carl Hagelin and Brad Richards, the Rangers had 42.9% of the shot attempts.
Brad Richards said that he thought Miller was great, brought energy, held onto pucks and played a “fearless” game. Richards said that Miller has the type of character where you could tell he wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the pressure of the playoffs. (Ranger Rants and ESPN NY)
During his post game press conference, Alain Vigneault was asked about Miller and said:
- On JT Miller, “I thought he played well and brought us a good skill level, made some good plays. I was just thinking that he might be able to help us out and I thought he did a good job tonight.”
- Did you put him in because of his speed, “he brings something else that Dan brings, Dan brings a lot of good things, the energy and physicality but JT brings a higher skill level and protects the puck a bit better and I thought that would help us.”
- Did you start JT to break him in for the playoffs, “no…just (motions rolling of dice and laughs) just kidding”
Miller said he was just excited to be getting another chance. (NHL.com)
Arthur Staple writes that Miller played with a “jet pack” on his back all game long. (Newsday)
Dave Maloney said on MSG that there are thoughts that Miller isn’t NHL ready to defend but that doesn’t matter if you are up the ice and have the puck.
Miller was given the Broadway Hat after the game.
12:10PM: Miller is starting for the Rangers tonight. (Rangers)
11:46AM: Miller is skating with Brad Richard and Carl Hagelin during line rushes. (Rangers)
8:34AM: Pat Leonard writes, he calls it a “hunch,” that JT Miller could join the Rangers lineup tonight for game five against the Flyers. (Daily News)
He says that Dan Carcillo could come out of the Rangers lineup after a “forgettable” game four performance. (Daily News)
- John Giannone said on Hockey Night Live that he didn’t expect any changes to the Rangers lineup.
Leonard cites a performance against the Flyers back in October to help make a case for why Miller could return to the Rangers lineup. (Daily News)
Miller said that if he were to enter the lineup he knows he will have to make a defensive play first. (Daily News)
Miller was called up on 4/14 but has not played for the Rangers since being called up.
Since being sent down to Hartford, Miller has 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games.
The Wolf Pack beat St. John 7-2 last night:
- Chris McCarthy: plus 2, 3 shots
- Conor Allen: 1 assist, plus one, 2 shots, hooking penalty
- Dylan McIlrath: plus one
- Ryan Bourque: plus one, 1 shot
- JT Miller: 2 goals, minus one, 7 shots, high sticking penalty
- Marek Hrivik: 1 goal, plus 2, 4 shots
- Oscar Lindberg: 1 goal, 2 shots, high sticking and slashing penalty
- Danny Kristo: 1 goal, 1 assist, plus 2, 2 shots