- Have you ever seen a game like that, “it was certainly entertaining to say the least. Both teams competed real hard, had some good looks. Goaltending was phenomenal on both sides. For a moment we thought we won and they finally did. It’s hockey.”
- On being down 4 of 6 D and if he wants to suit up, (laugh) “no I haven’t’ thought about it. I talked to Ulfie a little or Jim Schoenfeld bu I am definitely not going to try it.”
- What issues have the injuries presented, “I believe that any time you are shorthanded it makes other people step up. Injuries are part of the game and usually you can deal with them for a short period, long-term is more challenging. A couple of weeks you can probably survive and that is what we have been asked to do. For maybe 2-3 weeks, man the ships and see what we can come up with. So far guys have done a good job. Yes we are missing four regular defensemen and the forwards need to do a better job of coming back. Our D has to keep it simple, using the glass a little more instead of making tape to tape passes. You need to simplify things and that is what we are doing.”
Alain Vigneault met with the media today following Rangers practice (NYR):
- Was Kostka sent down, “yes, they are playing three games on the weekend. We wanted to get him a couple of games. We assigned him 15 minutes ago.”
- Kaberle will play down there, “he will play two of the three….I would say both of the ones at home.”
- Not getting on the bus, “he has sort of earned that, he has had a long career.”
- On building off of Tuesday and tonight, “I thought for the most part we played pretty solid. We knew that they were going to come out hard. They finished first in their division last year and just got beat pretty badly in their last game so we knew they would come out hard and they did. After the first I thought that our second and third, we got the better scoring chance opportunities, didn’t give them much, got a little unfortunate on their tying goal in the third. We lost in a shootout.”
- On consistency, “that is what we will try an do tonight. It is such a tough league. Teams are all very good and the only way to win is to play consistent and put your best hockey on the ice. We had a good game against Pitt, it’s behind us, we focus on Colorado tonight, they have a lot of skill. One of the best goalies so we will have to be at our best offensively and defensively.”
11/14/14 | 3:19PM: Vigneault said that he thinks the team is on the right track after 16 games, the players are playing hard and the mood in the locker room is up-beat.
He added that he always looks at the standings because the competition for a playoff spot is so tough and there isn’t a lot that separates teams.
11/13/14 | 9:39AM: Alain Vigneault was asked on Wednesday why he didn’t wan to ease Dan Boyle back into the lineup, especially after the Rangers played such a strong game on Tuesday.
- How surprised were you with last night, “I wasn’t really that surprised. With the leadership that we have in our dressing room, we knew our guys would bounce back with a better effort and execution and that is what we did. The best team in our division brought out the best in us. It’s not easy to shut down players like Crosby and Malkin but our guys did a good job and when there were breakdowns we got outstanding goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist.”