- On consistency, “that is what we will try an do tonight. It is such a tough league. Teams are all very good and the only way to win is to play consistent and put your best hockey on the ice. We had a good game against Pitt, it’s behind us, we focus on Colorado tonight, they have a lot of skill. One of the best goalies so we will have to be at our best offensively and defensively.”
11/14/14 | 3:19PM: Vigneault said that he thinks the team is on the right track after 16 games, the players are playing hard and the mood in the locker room is up-beat.
He added that he always looks at the standings because the competition for a playoff spot is so tough and there isn’t a lot that separates teams.
11/13/14 | 9:39AM: Alain Vigneault was asked on Wednesday why he didn’t wan to ease Dan Boyle back into the lineup, especially after the Rangers played such a strong game on Tuesday.
- How surprised were you with last night, “I wasn’t really that surprised. With the leadership that we have in our dressing room, we knew our guys would bounce back with a better effort and execution and that is what we did. The best team in our division brought out the best in us. It’s not easy to shut down players like Crosby and Malkin but our guys did a good job and when there were breakdowns we got outstanding goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist.”
Alain Vigneault met with the media today following Rangers practice (Rangers Report) :
- On Dan Boyle, “I think he is going to play. I had a brief conversation with him this morning and asked him if I was playing him on the first PP unit or the second PP unit or am I easing you in. He said first PP so I took that as a sign that he is ready to go. You have to be smart about this, he will talk to our medical staff and doctors tomorrow, I feel that he has given us all indications that he is ready to go and the injury has healed.”
- How does it change so fast, “we had turned the page and moved on and were focused on tonight. We knew that compete against a team like Pitt, who are on top of their game, we needed a total team effort and that is what we got tonight. From the goaltender out, our forwards did a good job of helping out the defense and the defense did what they had to do to defend and move the puck up and we got some timely goals and we got some timely saves.”
- On the Pens, “they are on top of their game and won seven in a row, they are a high scoring machine so we are going to need our best game tonight. We have to play the right way with and without the puck and it will be a good test. We know the qualities of the players and it will be a great opportunity for us.”
- Did you expect more tonight, “Much better performance from our group without a doubt was what everyone was expecting. I felt that prior to the weekend that we were on the right track. This game has a funny way of kicking you where you least expect it sometimes. Last night we should have won, didn’t get it done, tonight you are expecting your group to come back and show the character and leadership that you know that they have and to come up with that kind of performance tonight, to say the least, if you said disappointment would be the understatement of the week.” To read more of this story, click here