9:46AM: In the NY Post, Brooks recounts that Lucic used his forearm to drive Nash’s head into the boards and writes, “Now, a few days later, Nash isn’t feeling well. And though it may be a coincidence, it may not be one, either.”
He adds “As long as the Department of Player Safety is or feels bound to give the benefit of the doubt to the transgressor rather than the victim, it is not living up to its charge to make the game safer.
2/16/13- 5:35PM: Larry Brooks tweets:
- Have to hope there’s no connection between whatever Nash is feeling and having his head slammed into boards by Lucic on Tues in Bost.
- Lucic used forearm to drive Nash’s head into boards to finish check. Nash then responded with marginal hook. One penalty called. Guess who?
Nash was called for a hooking penalty at 6:43.
The Rangers have announced that Chris Kreider has been recalled from Hartford.
Kreider was sent down yesterday and after practice today, John Tortorella said that Kreider wasn’t playing well enough with the Rangers and needed to play more in Hartford.
Rick Nash missed practice today and according to our friend Melissa, he was unable to make the season ticket holder event last night because he was sick.
John Tortorella said after practice today that Nash was just taking a maintenance day and that he expected him to play.
Adam Rotter: Chances are this is just a precautionary move in case Nash is unable to play tomorrow.
To read more of this story, click here
12:23PM: John Tortorella tells Gross that Nash will be available tomorrow and that Tortorella gave him a rest because “he’s played a lot of hockey.”
11:16AM: Gross says that the lines are the same, but with Bickel replacing Nash.
- Marian Gaborik, Brad Richards, Ryan Callahan
- Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Stu Bickel
- Taylor Pyatt, Brian Boyle, JT Miller
- Arron Asham, Jeff Halpern, Darroll Powe
11:15AM: Andrew Gross says that the team has announce that Nash is just having a maintenance day.
11:07AM: According to Steve Zipay, Rick Nash is not practicing today.
It is likely just a maintenance day for Nash.