Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG after the Rangers loss to the Sharks
- What explanation, “they just said that Toronto said that it was inconclusive.”
- Did it seem that way to you, “doesn’t matter what I think, I don’t make the decisions.”
- “We came out real strong, the guys were prepared to play. Followed the plan, did what we needed to do defensively I thought to keep that team as un checked as good as I thought we could, I mean they have 3 lines that can score and D that can join the rush. Defensively we did what we had to do and offensively we did everything but finish, we had some grade A looks, open nets that we couldn’t pull the trigger and threw enough pucks at the net that we would get a bounce or something but we didn’t. We played a good game, we are playing some good hockey, we will put it behind us and move on to the next one. Gotta believe that if we keep playing this way we will be alright.”
- On the review, “I think at one time I said and this is not me saying this, this is some of my friends who say that they make it up as they go along. So I am just going to leave it at that, I am not saying that. From the replay that I saw you can’t see the puck, maybe I can assume that the puck is under the goalies pad in the goal and it has to be conclusive and they felt that it wasn’t.”
- “Other than our PP, Zuccy couldn’t handle the puck on that pass, other than that everything about our first period was under control and good.”
- Do you believe in moral victories, “no. Right now we need points so we need to get ready for the next one.