Alain Vigneault spoke with Sam Rosen on MSG before the Rangers played the Senators:
- On Marty St. Louis, “Sometimes players go through stretches like this but in Marty’s case he is doing a lot of other really good things. His defensive game is strong, he is committed to working well without the puck and when he gets the puck he just hasn’t had very much puck luck so far so I am very confident that if he plays the way that he is that the puck will go in. He is playing with good linemates and it will start tonight.”
- On his line, “that line had some great looks in that first period alone against SJ. They had three Grade A opps and their goalie made saves. They were using their skill and speed and I believe that it will start coming.”
- How do you get more out of the team, “we need to believe that our process is the right one. We are doing a lot of the right things. We aren’t giving up many chances so our defensive game is strong. We gotta get some momentum, maybe from our PP and when we get off to a good start and score early we seem to build off of that so hopefully tonight we can do that.”
- On making moves, “I like the way we are playing and other than the one game against Carolina where I didn’t like our effort our effort has been good and we are playing the right way.”
- On his Ottawa memories, “My minor hockey was here, a couple of my major junior years were here and my NHL coaching career started here when the Senators joined the league. Some good memories and good moments but we are here for two points tonight.