via the Caps, Alain Vigneault’s post game comments:
- Is this the most complete game so far?, “we played well in LA, we played well in St. Louis and ran out of gas. We had a day off in our environment and then have two days of practice and put our best foot forward. I thought our guys competed real hard which is a key to any game. We did a lot of the right things with the puck and when we didn’t have the puck we did a lot of the right things. We will take care of our first win in the Eastern time and go from there.”
- On the 5 on 3 PP, “one thing we talked before the game about is there PP and how to handle it and to go down 5 on 3, we got some nice saves from Hank and get some momentum.”
- On Hank, “I saw the Hank that we saw in St. Louis in the third period. He was smooth in goal, in the right place to make saves, he made a big save on the breakaway, I think in the second period there. He permitted us to continue to play.”
- On the explanation he got on the Brouwer hit on Stepan, “Referee said that it was accidental contact. I just looked at the replay, if he couldn’t see him there I don’t know what else he was looking at. The principal point of contact is the head, so we will see.
- On Stepan, “he went through the protocol and said he was good to go.”