Rick Nash returns to the Rangers lineup tonight and spoke this morning, via the team, after the morning skate:
- “it’s been a long six weeks so I am excited to get in there.”
- Will it take a hit to make him fully confident, “I think the first everything will take a while, whether it’s a hit, a shot or a pass. It’s a long time off so it will take some time.”
- On what he expects to do tonight, “I think it will be guided as we go along. I’m sure AV has had a lot of time when players have come back from injuries. I leave that up to him…he knows what he is doing.”
- On his legs, “We will find out. It’s a better question for after the game. It’s hard to compare game speed with practice speed and morning skate speed, there is no way of it doing any justice until you are in the game so I felt it was best to play tonight.”
- Does it mean more to play against the Bruins, “I think it’s always tough games against the Bruins. For me personally, I’m just worried about getting back in and helping the team….helping the Rangers no matter who the opponent is.”
- On being back at MSG, “It’s been a while since I have had a home game in me. It will be exciting. It’s tough watching when the team is playing well and the fans are excited and there is a buzz in the town so it will nice to be back in there tonight.