Henrik Lundqvist did a Q&A with Bauer today after a photo shoot. (Bauer Hockey on Twitter)
In the Q&A, Lundqvist said that he wears #30 because that was the number issued to him when he joined the team and that #35, the number he wore in Sweden, has been retired by the Rangers.
Other things Lundqvist said included:
- Hanging out with friends and family and going out for a nice dinner are his favorite things to do on off days in NYC.
- His pregame meal is spaghetti and meat sauce.
- His favorite moment from the playoffs was beating Montreal in game six and advancing to the Stanley Cup Final at MSG.
- Breakaways are all about patience and timing and having the player make the first move.
- Christian Bale would be who he wants to play him in a movie.
- He listens to punk rock before games.
- His favorite vacation is returning to Sweden to see friends and family.
- His favorite music to play on the guitar is from the Foo Fighters and if he wasn’t playing hockey he wishes he was playing with the Foo Fighters.
- The best advice he ever got was from his dad, “dream big.”
- Wayne Gretzky is the one player he wishes he could face.
- He always wanted to fly so he would choose Superman over Batman or Spiderman.
- Anton Stralman is good on breakaways in practice.
- He is currently watching Breaking Bad and liked Dexter and Suits.
- There is more time to recover on rebounds on the big ice and players have more time to shoot.