On MSG, Alain Vigneault spoke with Sam Rosen and the media after the Rangers win over the Blue Jackets:
- Thoughts on the game unfolded, “For us it was back to back nights, 4 in 6 and 3 in 4 and the end of a pretty long stretch of 9 in 15 nights. We did what we had to do in the third period to win. We talked about making it a greasy third period and I think we did that. I liked how we started. Our first period, until the goal, was real good…for some reason we backed off. I liked how we played in the second period, we played fast, north/south, spent most of the period in their end except for a few breakdowns. We were here to win the game and that is what we did.”
- On being back at .500, “it’s being better than being below, but we are a tea, that is taking games one at a time, trying to play better, trying to play complete games and slowly but surely improving.”
- On Cam Talbot, “I didn’t know him very well. Like I said when we decided to make the switch, Benoit said that he was ready. Had a good camp, Ben has been working with him in Hartford and he felt that the kid was technically sound, mentally strong and it was time for him to take the opportunity and he has done that.”
- On seeing the hit on Taylor Pyatt or an update, “No. I didn’t. I didn’t go in the room after, I couldn’t tell you.
- On what he thought when he saw McDonagh shoot the puck at the end, (smiling) “Better put it in son. (laughing) I was told it went off of one of their players and found a way to get in the net so it wouldn’t have been an icing.”