10:24PM: Rangers game notes are below
9:36PM: First Period:
- Derick Brassard from Mats Zuccarello and Anton Stralman
- Max Talbot
- Darroll Powe from Andrew Yogan and Conor Allen
- Sean Couturier
- Benoit Pouliot from Derick Brassard and Dylan McIlrath
- Derick Brassard was outstanding tonight and clicked really well with Mats Zuccarello and Benoit Pouliot. He showed a lot of confidence with the puck and, much in the same way that John Moore did last night, is looking to remake his career in New York and set himself up to be a big part of the Rangers.
- Tough night for Dylan McIlrath who definitely needs more seasoning in Hartford. I hope they keep him around though, work with him, and give him at least one more preseason game before sending him down.
- Jesper Fast and Oscar Lindberg didn’t really look out of place and had some nice moments.
- The Rangers concluded a back-to-back set with a 3-2 victory against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at Wells Fargo Center.
- New York improved to 1-1-0 overall in preseason action, including a 1-1-0 mark on the road.
- The Rangers out-shot the Flyers, 23-18, including an 8-3 advantage in the first period.
- The Blueshirts held the Flyers scoreless in three power play attempts against (6:00), and are now 6-6 on the penalty kill in preseason action.
- The Rangers out-hit the Flyers, 23-16, including six players who were credited with two or more hits in the contest.
- Derick Brassard tallied two points, including the game’s opening goal and the primary assist on the game-winning goal, and posted a plus-two rating in 17:49 of ice time.
- Benoit Pouliot notched the game-winning goal at 5:30 of the third period, and posted a plus-two rating in 14:16 of ice time while making his Rangers debut.
- Darroll Powe registered a goal, was credited with three hits, and won 5-8 faceoffs (63%) in 11:38 of ice time.
- Martin Biron turned aside all six shots faced through the game’s opening 31:22 to earn Third Star honors.
- Cam Talbot stopped 10 of 12 shots faced in 28:38 of ice time to earn the win, and improves to 1-0-0 in two preseason contests.
- Dylan McIlrath tallied an assist on the game-winning goal and was credited with two hits in 11:31 of ice time.
- Mats Zuccarello recorded the primary assist on the game’s opening goal, registered three shots on goal, and posted a plus-two rating in 14:58 of ice time.
- Anton Stralman registered an assist, led all skaters with four shots on goal, and posted a plus-two rating in a game-high, 25:34 of ice time.
- Andrew Yogan and Conor Allen each tallied an assist on Powe’s second period goal.
- Michael Kantor was credited with a game-high, six hits in 11:12 of ice time.