4:55PM: Derick Brassard said today, via the Rangers, that “ I just hope he will be healthy really soon. The team needs him. He is our best offensive player and it’s disappointing he won’t make the trip to Columbus.”
3:21PM: At Sportsnet, Chris Johnston writes about Nash and says that people close to Nash “admit privately” that they have stopped asking him if he is making progress.
1:19PM: The exact exchange between the three hosts, Daren Millard, Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean, on Hockey Central at Noon about Nash.
- Millard: ….”There’s Jason Chimera of the Washington Capitals on Hockey Central on the Sportsnet Radio Network…there is progress on Rick Nash. The Rangers say (interrupted)
- Kypreos: “he is feeling better”
- Millard: …”he didn’t skate, we were told he did skate.”
- MacLean: “It’s great news.”
- Millard: “There is progress.”
- Kypreos: “There is progress. It’s headed in the right direction but it’s a slow process.”
- MacLean: “Did we get that from Joe Resnick. Or where did we get that.”
- Millard: “Be easy on Joe.”
12:52PM: Daren Millard and Nick Kypreos just said on Hockey Central at Noon that there is progress with Nash and while the Rangers said that he hasn’t skated, they heard that he did and that “there is progress.”
Kypreos said that things are heading in the right direction with Nash but that “it’s going to be a slow process.”
12:49PM: Sidney Crosby, according to Katie Strang, reached out to Rick Nash about his concussion. Crosby said that it helped him, during his concussion saga, to know what other guys went through.
The two were teammates in 2010 at the Olympics.
11:33AM: Andrew Gross sent out a tweet saying that questions were asked of Rangers PR about the status of Rick Nash amidst rumors that he was, at least, at the Rangers practice facility yesterday and was making progress.
Gross says that the Rangers say that there is no change in Nash’s status and nothing new to report on any signs of progress.
For more on Nash’s concussion, CLICK HERE.