- 04:17 NYR SHG – D. Stepan (7) Slap – ASST: R. Callahan (4) 1 – 0 NYR
- 05:35 BUF M. Foligno (2) Wrist – ASST: C. Ehrhoff (9) AND A. Sekera (6) 1 – 1 TIE
- 12:40 BUF T. Vanek (14) Wrist – ASST: J. Pominville (11) AND C. Hodgson (12) 2 – 1 BUF
- 11:48 BUF M. Foligno (3) Snap – ASST: A. Sekera (7) AND B. Flynn (1) 3 – 1 BUF
- Because of all the penalties in the second period, Brian Boyle played over six minutes and Jeff Halpern played over 5:30. Marian Gaborik played about 2:30, Brad Richards played about four minutes and Rick Nash played 4:20. The Rangers only had five shots in the second period and one of them was Derek Stepan’s short handed goal.
- The Rangers are a 5 on 5 team that need to forecheck and establish themselves in the offensive zone. That is pretty hard to do when you take four penalties in the second period.
- It was certainly interesting to see Michael Haley take a regular shift with Derek Stepan and Ryan Callahan in the third period. It almost worked though as he had a golden chance in front but was robbed by Enroth.
- Overall it’s a disappointing loss for the Rangers who had a chance to build off their win over the Capitals and bring some momentum into what will be a very big game against Winnipeg on Thursday. They needed to play better against a team battling injuries and without one of the best goalies in the league.